Spotlight on Student- Rachelle Taylor
This week for my spotlight on a previous student of mine, I would like to spotlight Rachelle Taylor. I remember in fifth grade Rachelle was so excited about learning! Everything we studied, she was all in, and gave it 100%! Working in groups was easy for her, because she was a team player. I’m so excited she is sharing her talents with lots of children and adults, because she is a teacher!
I remember when we were doing W.O.W. (Working on the Work to make work more engaging for students), and we studied about Sound and Light. Her group did such a great job! I will never forget their performance with their instruments. She used a flashlight, styrofoam, and popcorn inside the styrofoam to make an instrument that produced sound and light. They wrote their own song and performed before the class. They also learned so much about sound and light. I think every student in the class was engaged. It was great and I was so proud of them!
She is using her talents and gifts while starting her 11th year of teaching. She has taught kindergarten and 1st grade. (currently 1st). I think kindergarten and first grade are such important grades and require such a special and wonderful teacher. She has been awarded Green Apple Teacher, Distinguished Classroom Teacher and Teacher of the Year throughout her journey! Wow, that’s impressive!
She currently serves as a Multi Classroom Leader. This means she not only teaches first graders— she also mentors a future teacher for three years and coaches her team! She says this is very rewarding and a privilege! That sounds just like her. She was always helping others and loved being a part of a team, while in fifth grade, and she continues this today. She encourages others and loves to see others succeed! I can see she is still enjoying learning and giving!
She loves spending time with her family during her free time. She has been married to her high school sweetheart for eight years and they have an amazing seven year old little boy, Jackson! I am so proud of Rachelle! Thank you so much for making a positive difference in our world!Rachelle Ann TaylorPatrice Carter Denise Ivey
No comments:
Post a Comment